Our mentor told us to make a dream board and keep it in a place where we can visualize it daily. So today I am dreaming big and writing down my goals. Of course I went on Pinterest and created a “Trottier Dream Board” for our family. I dreamt big. Things we want and things to strive for. Things that make us happy. Materialistic things and some not. These may not seem big to anyone else but mean a lot to us. I think putting it out there and seeing it all the time is a constant reminder to us about why we do what we do and to make our dreams & goals a reality. So here are just some of my dreams and goals for myself, the family and business.
* Build a log home
* Get published in Wed Well Magazine
* Attend Bliss & Bokeh retreat & other inspiring photography conferences
* Photograph more on film
* Photograph a wedding in Italy & bring my family
* Photograph more weddings out west- Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada
* Live simply. I want a lot but need little
* Travel with the family RV style
* Photograph a wedding in Hawaii and Australia
* Hook up with a event planner and do more styled shoots
* Use my photographic skills more with gift giving for family & friends
* Have Joe work less
* Live debt free
* Photograph 20-30 weddings
* Build a studio cabin
* Pay off student loans
* Run a half marathon with Hailey
* Create annual trips with family and close friends
So what are your dreams? Dream Big today. Because you can. Remember no one can take your dreams and goals away from you and you can only make them come true. Others can want them for you but you have to put in the work to really create them.
Try these simple steps that our mentors told us.
1. Dream board. Use magazine clippings, Pinterest or save images on your phone gather images, quotes or objects you want. Create a visual board that you can see daily or weekly. Whatever works for you but have access to it all the time and keep adding to it. It’s fun believe me! I keep adding!
2. Surround yourself by people who you want to be like. If you keep hanging out with that “Debbie-Downer” or “Negative-Nancy” you are only going to become a product of your environment.
3. Make change. This may be scary at first to some but do yourself one favor, step out of your comfort zone and try it. It could be something small and doesn’t have to be big, but make it a change from the norm. If you keep doing the same thing day in and day out how will you make those dreams and goals come true? We live in a world where people think that its the “right thing” to do work 8-5 Monday through Friday and hate their job but do it because they have to pay the bills and put food on the table. And I get that. But if you can make change for the better wouldn’t it be worth a try?
4. Stop living through other peoples dreams and live through your own. Stop comparing yourself with others and start doing.
I know these are just tiny stepping stones but for us these few tips are starting to create a lifestyle that we want to be in and are heading into. In between this roller coaster ride you are going to have ups and downs but hold on because this ride of life is not over yet. It has just begun. 🙂